Visa Inc is an American multinational financial services corporation. The vast majority of Visa credit card numbers start with 4 and are 16-digit long. The format like this: "4xxx xxxx xxxx xxxx".
How to recongize a Credit card?
- Brand mark: Always displayed in the bottom right, top left or top right corner.
- Account number: Includes a six-digit Issuer Identification Number (IIN), the first digit of which is the Major Industry Identifier (MII), a variable length (up to 12 digits) individual account identifier and so on.
- BIN number: It is the issuer's Bank Identification Number (BIN).
- Member since: It is the date when the account was open.
- Expiration date: It is a date when the card becomes invalid, Date format is "mm/yy."
- Cardholder name: The owner of the Credit card.
- Micro-chip: Some cards has a chip like this.
- Dove hologram: The Visa dove hologram will chang color when you rotate card.
- Vertical orientation: Some Visa cards are vertically oriented.
- Mini-card: Another version of card of Visa or Visa Electron.
- Magnetic stripe: It contains the card account's identifying information like other card. It will be use in point-of-sale (POS) terminal, ATM.
- Signature panel: It is on the back of the card, the panel may feature the full account number printed on it.
- Card Verification Value 2 (CVV2): CVV2 is used to verify that the customer is in possession of the card.
If you want to validate a credit card number, here is a Credit Card Validator.